- Private. All counseling, instruction, and activities are completely private—just you, your spouse, and the counselor. There are no group sessions.
- Prevents new hurts. Weekly one-hour sessions leave you more sensitive and vulnerable to new hurts that are raised but not completely resolved. The concentrated, three-day format allows for plenty of time to completely resolve the issues.
- It works! Ample time is provided to resolve each issue that surfaces as both parties are able to address “their side of the story” and contributing factors.
- Addresses root problems. With enough time, the surface issues can be peeled back and the root problems can be addressed.
- Allows for the “how my partner influenced me to do what I did” factor. If you are influencing your partner’s “bad” behavior, wouldn’t you want to know? The Three-Day Accelerated Marriage Counseling (AMC)™ allows time to discover this.
- Fluid. It is much easier for couples (and counselors) to flow from one issue to the next whenever sessions are provided back-to-back, rather than on a weekly basis.
- Fast. Experience the equivalent of four or five months of counseling in only three days. In three days most couples can successfully resolve all of their conflicts—or at least master the process to resolve these conflicts on their own.
- Distraction-free. This format allows you to escape the distractions of chores, children, TV, e-mail, phone, and work for larger blocks of time—so you can get your partner’s full, undivided attention.
- Agreeable. Partners who will not commit to weekly counseling for six months, are often much more open to our three-day approach.
- More effective with partners having affairs. Often when one person wants out of a marriage it is because they are involved with another person. In these difficult cases, it is important to get them out of their harmful environment (away from the other person) and allow enough time to pierce through their calloused heart. Rarely will this person commit to the typical six months of weekly sessions—because they usually just want out. However, they will often consider three days of counseling.
- Eight to 17 percent more actual counseling time. In weekly counseling, counselors take five to ten minutes each hour to document the session, receive payment and schedule future sessions. The three-day format avoids this administrative time completely because all of the charting, scheduling, and payment for all 18 hours is taken care of at once.
- May be reimbursed by your insurance company. If your policy covers educational group counseling, you could be reimbursed (more insurance information).
- Can be easily followed up with individual counseling as needed. Many want the security of ongoing follow-up individual counseling to guard against relapse or to deal more thoroughly with difficult and issues. The Monthly Marriage Enrichment Group offers support, encouragement, and accountability through the counselor and other couples.
Three-Day Accelerated Marriage Counseling (AMC)™ is completely private: you, your partner and the counselor only. No group sessions are included.
Learn the 25 Essential Marriage Skills in a concentrated, three-day format. Though various couples experience different symptoms, such as anger, resentment, and withdrawal, the root of these issues is almost always the same: violation of these 25 Essential Marriage Skills.
In addition to the private instruction and training, you and your spouse will, with guidance from the marriage counselor, discuss issues, work on projects together, and resolve hurts—all in the privacy of our counseling offices.
Three-Day Accelerated Marriage Counseling (AMC)™, eliminates this problem by addressing issues in a concentrated, three-day format. It’s equivalent to receiving 18 weeks of counseling in just three days. This format allows time for each partner to be heard and to actually resolve each issue that rises to the surface.
A heart surgeon would never open you up once a week for 18 weeks. He would instead address all of the relevant issues during a single operation. Wouldn’t it be great if you could open up all the hurtful events of your emotional heart, and resolve them over three days? Through Three-Day Accelerated Marriage Counseling (AMC)™ you can!
What Will You Learn?
Essential Relationship Concepts
- One Concept that Stops All Arguing
- Six Warm-Up Steps that Guarantee Successful Conflict Resolution
- Avoiding the Number One Reason Relationships Struggle and Fail
- 14 Aspects of Successful Communication
- Eliminating Worry, Fear, and Anxiety that Prevents Abundant Life
- Getting to the Root of Addictions
- Discovering True Freedom by Gaining Powerful Self-Control
- Conquering Impure Thoughts and Habits
- Understanding Unique Gender Issues and Roles
- Getting to the Root of Your Children’s Bad Behavior
Relating to Your Spouse
- What Does a Happy Marriage Really Look Like?
- Discovering Twelve Needs of Your Spouse
- Meeting 91 Percent of your Partner’s Needs in 30 Seconds
- Three Barriers to Intimacy
- Getting Your Partner to Share More Heartfelt Emotions
- How Problems and Emotional Distance Develop
- How to Stop Fighting over Money
- Why Meeting Needs with Good Intentions Is Not Enough
- Protecting Your Marriage from Infidelity
- Communicating Desires, Needs, and Hurts Without Provoking Anger
- Eliminating Your Partner’s Anger
- Helping Your Partner Resolve Childhood Hurts that Can Hinder Present Relationships
- Discovering Your Spiritual Gifts and How They Predict Certain Marital Conflicts
- Alleviating Your Partner’s Feelings of Loneliness
- Discovering Your Partner’s Need of the Moment
- How Misapplying Boundaries Destroys Your Marriage
- How Misapplying the “God Is All We Need” Concept Damages Marriages and Families
Reconciliation and Recovery
- Helping Your Partner Discover Ways They Hurt You
- Why “Coping” with Problems Is Not Biblical
- Why “Just Choosing to Forgive” Doesn’t Fully Work
- Experiencing Six Steps to True Forgiveness
- Recover from Adultery
- Regaining Trust after Adultery
- 15 Consequences when a Man Initiates Divorce
- 17 Consequences when a Women Initiates Divorce
Still trying to decide which marital counseling solution is best for you? Check out our comparision chart below.
(Both Three-Day solutions include similar instructional material and topics, but in different formats.)
|Teaching and sessions||Private (you, spouse, counselor)||Group||Private (you, spouse, counselor)|
|Discussion||Private (you, spouse, counselor)||Private (you and spouse only)||Private (you, spouse, counselor)|
activities, resolution of issues
|Private (you, spouse, counselor)||Private (you and spouse only)||Private (you, spouse, counselor)|
|Meeting location||Christway offices||Church or hotel conference room||Christway offices|
|Hours||18||18||Multiple one-hour appointments|
|Days||3 (flexible)||3 (usually Thursday-Saturday)|
|Insurance coverage||More likely||Less likely||More likely|
|More Details | Register||More Details | Register||More Details | Register|
Three-Day Accelerated Marriage Counseling (AMC)™ is generally held over three consecutive days (with some flexibility) from 12:00 noon to 6:00pm. Please contact us for a list of available dates.
$3150/couple ($175/hour session x 18 hours)
Some health insurance plans may cover individual counseling (more insurance information).
How Do I Get Started?
Do you have questions about Three-Day Accelerated Marriage Counseling (AMC)™? View our FAQ page for a list of answers to the most frequently asked questions we receive. Or just contact us by phone or e-mail.
Ready to sign up for Three-Day Accelerated Marriage Counseling (AMC)™? You’ve got a couple of options:
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to view and print PDF files. If not installed, click here to download.