What Will You Learn?
Essential Relationship Concepts
- One Concept that Stops All Arguing
- Six Warm-Up Steps that Guarantee Successful Conflict Resolution
- Avoiding the Number One Reason Relationships Struggle and Fail
- 14 Aspects of Successful Communication
- Eliminating Worry, Fear, and Anxiety that Prevents Abundant Life
- Getting to the Root of Addictions
- Discovering True Freedom by Gaining Powerful Self-Control
- Conquering Impure Thoughts and Habits
- Understanding Unique Gender Issues and Roles
- Getting to the Root of Your Children’s Bad Behavior
Relating to Your Spouse
- What Does a Happy Marriage Really Look Like?
- Discovering Twelve Needs of Your Spouse
- Meeting 91 Percent of your Partner’s Needs in 30 Seconds
- Three Barriers to Intimacy
- Getting Your Partner to Share More Heartfelt Emotions
- How Problems and Emotional Distance Develop
- How to Stop Fighting over Money
- Why Meeting Needs with Good Intentions Is Not Enough
- Protecting Your Marriage from Infidelity
- Communicating Desires, Needs, and Hurts Without Provoking Anger
- Eliminating Your Partner’s Anger
- Helping Your Partner Resolve Childhood Hurts that Can Hinder Present Relationships
- Discovering Your Spiritual Gifts and How They Predict Certain Marital Conflicts
- Alleviating Your Partner’s Feelings of Loneliness
- Discovering Your Partner’s Need of the Moment
- How Misapplying Boundaries Destroys Your Marriage
- How Misapplying the “God Is All We Need” Concept Damages Marriages and Families
Reconciliation and Recovery
- Helping Your Partner Discover Ways They Hurt You
- Why “Coping” with Problems Is Not Biblical
- Why “Just Choosing to Forgive” Doesn’t Fully Work
- Experiencing Six Steps to True Forgiveness
- Recover from Adultery
- Regaining Trust after Adultery
- 15 Consequences when a Man Initiates Divorce
- 17 Consequences when a Women Initiates Divorce
There are 25 Essential Marriage Skills for marriage satisfaction.
Following them = Thriving marriage
Rejecting them = Dying marriage
Though couples experience different symptoms, such as anger, resentment, and withdrawal, the root of these issues is almost always the same: violation of these 25 Essential Marriage Skills.
Unfortunately one-hour counseling sessions just don’t offer enough time to develop these skills or heal the damage done from violating them. When couples bring painful issues to the surface without enough time to resolve them, these couples actually re-activate these old wounds and go away feeling worse than when they came! Leaving a counseling session with unresolved agitation tends to create more conflict among couples—not less.
A heart surgeon would never open you up once a week for 18 weeks. He would instead address all of the relevant issues during a single operation. Wouldn’t it be great if you could open up all the hurtful events of your emotional heart, and resolve them over three days? Through the Three-Day Marriage Clinic™ you can!
- Prevents new hurts. Weekly one-hour sessions leave you more sensitive and vulnerable to new hurts that are raised but not completely resolved. This format allows for plenty of time to completely resolve the issues.
- It works! Ample time is provided to resolve each issue that surfaces as both parties are able to address “their side of the story” and contributing factors.
- Addresses root problems. With enough time, the surface issues can be peeled back and the root problems can be addressed.
- Allows for the “how my partner influenced me to do what I did” factor. If you are influencing your partner’s “bad” behavior, wouldn’t you want to know? The Three-Day Marriage Clinic allows time to discover this.
- Fluid. It is much easier for couples (and counselors) to flow from one issue to the next whenever sessions are provided back-to-back, rather than on a weekly basis.
- Fast. Experience the equivalent of 4-5 months of counseling in only three days. In three days most couples can successfully resolve all of their conflicts—or at least master the process to resolve these conflicts on their own.
- Distraction free. This format allows you to escape the distractions of chores, children, TV, e-mail, phone, and work so you can get your partner’s full, undivided attention. This is especially true if you choose to stay in a hotel, which we highly recommend.
- Agreeable. Partners who will not commit to weekly counseling for six months, are often much more open to our three-day approach.
- More effective with partners having affairs. Often when one person wants out of a marriage it is because they are involved with another person. In these difficult cases, it is important to get them out of their harmful environment (away from the other person) and allow enough time to pierce through their calloused heart. Rarely will this person commit to the typical six months of weekly sessions—because they usually just want out. However, they will often consider three days of counseling.
- Eight to 17 percent more actual counseling time. In weekly counseling, counselors take five to ten minutes each hour to document the session, receive payment and schedule future sessions. The Three-Day Marriage Clinic™ avoids this administrative time completely because all of the charting, scheduling, and payment for all 18 hours is taken care of at one time.
- Cost effective. The Three-Day Marriage Clinic™ costs about $22 an hour per couple—much less than hourly rates of $90 to $200 for individual counseling. Those who feel the need to follow-up with individual counseling will require far fewer sessions.
- May be reimbursed by your insurance company. If your policy covers educational group counseling, you could be reimbursed (more insurance information). If not, at $22 an hour, the Three-Day Marriage Clinic™ is still an excellent value.
- Can be easily followed up with individual counseling as needed. Many want the security of ongoing follow-up individual counseling to guard against relapse or to deal more thoroughly with difficult and issues. The Monthly Marriage Enrichment Group offers support, encouragement, and accountability through the counselor and other couples.
The Three-Day Marriage Clinic™ is held Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 12:00 noon to 6:00pm each day. Teaching and sessions are in a group format. Discussion, experiential counseling, and activities and resolution of issues are conducted privately. We currently hold the Three-Day Marriage Clinic™ in Houston and Dallas. Upcoming dates and detailed location information are shown below for each city.
- June 19-21 (early registration ends June 4, 4:30pm)
- July 17-19 (early registration ends July 2, 4:30pm)
- August 7-9 (early registration ends July 23, 4:30pm)
- September 4-6 (early registration ends August 20, 4:30pm)
- October 2-4 (early registration ends September 17, 4:30pm)
- November 6-8 (early registration ends October 22, 4:30pm)
- December 4-6 (early registration ends November 19, 4:30pm)
BridgePoint Bible Church
13277 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77079
Interactive Map and Directions
$199/person ($398/couple) with early registration
$229/person ($458/couple) with regular registration
Some health insurance plans may cover group counseling (more insurance information).
How Do I Get Started?
Ready to sign up for the Three-Day Marriage Clinic™? You’ve got two options:
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to view and print PDF files. If not installed, click here to download.